Apply to join the Leadership Team of the Commonwealth Students Association
Deadline: May 14, 2022
The Commonwealth Students Association (CSA) is accepting applications for 9 senior volunteer positions within its leadership team for the year 2022 – 2024. They invite applications from suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about promoting and protection of student rights and are aligned with principles across the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Students’ Association (CSA) unifies and represents the needs and aspirations of national student councils and other student organizations across the Commonwealth. They enable Commonwealth students to influence change in education, to contribute to their societies, to amplify the voice of students through collaboration between student leaders and education stakeholders. They aim to create an environment allowing student associations and student movements to strengthen their respective and collective capacities, to express themselves and to defend themselves freely.
The Commonwealth Secretariat recognizes the role of young people as equal partners in protecting and promoting these rights and values. The Secretariat has invested in networks and associations to promote meaningful youth participation and engagement in decision-making and policy-making over the past 40 years through the Commonwealth Youth Programme.
Number of positions: 9 management positions
Term: June 2022-June 2024 (2 years)
- Vice President Communication and Research
- Vice President, Democracy and Participation
- Vice Presidents, Advocacy and Partnerships
- Africa Regional Representative
- Asia Regional Representative
- Caribbean Regional Representative
- Regional Representative Europe and Americas
- Pacific Regional Representative
- Be born between May 15, 1993 and May 14, 2004;
- To be a citizen of Commonwealth member country;
- Have a strong commitment to Commonwealth values and the CSA vision and mission
- Have experience with student or youth-led initiatives, projects or organizations focused on human rights and democracy;
- Be available to devote 10 to 15 volunteer hours per week to CSA network activities;
- Being able to have connectivity etc. to work remotely;
- Have leadership experience to build a diverse and effective sub-committee
- Leadership experience must be at a minimum at the regional level and a minimum of 2 years of regional experience leading youth and/or student organizations and groups
In addition to the skills required specifically for each position, all candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent:
- Leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of education policy, student needs, advocacy, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Networking capability
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Emotional and cultural intelligence
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to work remotely and across different time zones.
Files/documents to download include:
- CV – reflecting suitability (max 2 pages)
- 2-year work plan for the specific position applied (max 3 pages)
- Work Sample/Showcase on previous work you have done, related to the specific position being applied. (maximum 2 pages)
- 1 letter of attestation. Be a scanned copy on official letterhead. The letter should include the name, email, contact details and signature of government/ministry/MP staff.
- 1 letter of appointment. The letter must be a letter of nomination from a recognized student or youth-led organization / Pan-National Student Union / international student-led or youth-led organization in which you have served / are serving. The letter should also include full contact information and check reference.
- Copy of your passport / national identity card
For more information, visit Commonwealth Students Association.