Ten students receive a total of $25,650 from the Cadiz Alumni Association | News, Sports, Jobs
CADIZ – The Cadiz High School Alumni Association announced the announcement that 17 scholarships, totaling $25,650, have been awarded to 10 students from the class of 2022. Eight are graduates of Harrison Central High School, one of the Jefferson County Christian School and one of the Harrison. Mixed vocational school.
– Xander Barcroft, a student at the Harrison Joint Vocational School, receives the $1,000 Larry Bossell Memorial Scholarship. He is the son of Jennifer Barcroft and plans to pursue a degree in information technology at Pittsburgh Technical College.
– McKayla Dunkle, daughter of Brian Dunkle and Stephanie Dunkle, received the Betty Kirkland Leadership Award of $2,200 and the William Parlett Athletic Scholarship of $300. She will go to Mount Union University to study business management.
– Maggie Goudy, daughter of Michael Hauber and Amy Goudy, received the Nancy Rogers Geanangel Scholarship of $1,500 and the Rupert Beetham Memorial Scholarship of $250. She hopes to study psychology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville or Eastern Gateway Community College.
– Chase Hervey, a graduate student from Jefferson County Christian School, will receive the $1,000 Dean Scott Baker and Virena Baker Myers Scholarship. He is the son of Shawn and Tonia Hervey and will pursue biblical studies and communication design at the Collège de Genève.
– Mackinley Marshall, son of Clint and Julie Marshall, received the $1,000 Thomas and Rachel Frew Scholarship and the $1,000 James Kenny Memorial Scholarship. He plans to study music education at Malone University.
– Michaela Palmer, daughter of Karen Palmer and Michael Palmer, received the John and Margaret Tabacchi Scholarship of $6,000. She will go to the University of Pittsburgh to study political science.
– Benjamin Puskarich, son of Matthew and Kris Puskarich, received Drs. Ajit and Shankuntala Modi Scholarship of $2,500 and Isabel Clifford Memorial Scholarship of $800. He will study biology and premedicine at Washington and Jefferson College.
– Aiden Sliva, son of Michael and Michele Sliva, received the $3,000 James and Agnes Bertz Scholarship and the $1,000 Ron Mazeroski Scholarship. He will study pharmacy at The Ohio State University.
– Todd Stringer, son of Ed and Shonna Stringer, plans to study for EMS certification at Eastern Gateway Community College or Ohio Fire Academy. He was awarded the Taylor and Sylvia Cope Family Scholarship of $1,000 and the Mark Beetham Scholarship of $300.
– Jenna Young, daughter of Darrin and Ericka Young, was awarded the Welsh Family Scholarship of $1,800 and the Grace Fleming Hall Memorial Scholarship of $1,000. She will attend Oklahoma State University and study animal science and agricultural communications.
Scholarships awarded each spring by the Cadiz High School Alumni Association are based on interest earned by an endowment fund managed by the organization. The fund has grown thanks to the contributions of former students and friends of the old high school in Cadiz. To be eligible, students must have achieved a GPA of 3.0 and be in the top third of the class. The Scholarship Committee, consisting of FG Gregory, Susan Zinko Jamison, Jon Kirkland, Patti Maffitt Sabo and Jeannie Moreland Wheeler, manages a thorough application process.